Acupuncture and Herbs can be used as your primary treatment of infertility or as an adjunct to assisted reproductive technologies (ART) like IUI, IVF and Surrogacy. Tracy recommends that both partners and, in the case of surrogacy, your surrogate participate in treatment.
“Proponents believe acupuncture can assist with fertility, pregnancy and child birth, attributing various conditions of health and difficulty with the flow of qi through various meridians.“ –Wikipedia
Some of the conditions Tracy Zollinger commonly treats are:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Anovulation, luteal phase defect, amenorrhea, unexplained infertility
- Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, tubal obstruction, uterine fibroids
- Advanced maternal age, recurrent miscarriage
- Stress, insomnia, depression, fatigue
- Improvement of IVF outcomes and other ART procedures
- Male factor infertility
- Prostatitis and male sexual dysfunction
Treatments are focused on your particular disharmonies and may include:
- Regulating your cycle and ovulation
- Stimulating egg production and quality
- Thickening uterine lining
- Improving sperm quality and count
- Increasing semen quality and volume
- Supporting proper hormonal balance
- Sending you or your partner out for western labs
Treatment Frequency and Duration
Frequency and duration depend on your particular case. Recommended treatments are 1 time per week for 3 months for mild infertility. More significant cases can take 6 to 12 months. Herbs are typically used for each phase of your cycle, but in cases where your doctor has recommended to stop herbs and supplements, your treatment will rely on the power of acupuncture alone.
IVF and ART support
Research has shown that acupuncture can increase the success rate of IVF by 40 to 60 percent. With the cost of one IVF cycle reaching $10,000 to $20,000, the price of fertility acupuncture is effective both clinically and fiscally. The Acupuncture practice of Tracy Zollinger can help you achieve your goal for a healthy baby.